Divorce or Legal Separation
Divorce or Legal Separation without the expense of lawyers
We can assist you with filing for Divorce and save you a lot of money, call now!
"Doing" Your Own Divorce or Legal Separation
- Yes! You can "do" your own divorce. Over 160,000 divorces are filed in California each year. Nearly 60% are now done without lawyers.
- As far as the law is concerned, divorce is about assets and liabilities, children and support. Whether you do it yourself, or an attorney does it, you still have to make decisions about these issues for yourself.
- Doing your own divorce means that you join the majority of others in California by not retaining an attorney, It means that you take responsibility for your case, your decisions, your life.
- When you use TEAM Legal Document Services, you are still doing your own divorce because the responsibility and control of your case is in your hands. We handle the paperwork and filing, but you are in charge." states Rick Nelson, TEAM Legal Document Services.
- TEAM Legal Document Services is a company that completes and files all the necessary paperwork for your divorce based on the information you supply.
- Avoid the high cost of legal fees; put yourself in charge of your case; take control; run your own life. TEAM Legal Document Services can help.
There are two kinds of divorce procedures in California, a REGULAR DIVORCE and a SIMPLE DIVORCE.
A REGULAR DIVORCE is also known as a regular dissolution. One spouse must be a resident of California for at least 6 months, and of the county where they are filing for at least 3 months. At the end of a minimum 6 month waiting period, the husband and wife will no longer be married, providing the proper papers have been filed with the court. The court will make orders dividing the marital property, provide for custody, visitation and support of children, and, if appropriate, also issue orders for spousal support (alimony).
A SIMPLE DIVORCE is also called a summary dissolution. A simple divorce is designed for people married less than 5 years prior to the date of filing; have no children and the wife is not pregnant; neither party has an interest in any real property, except for automobiles; less than $5000 in debt was incurred during the marriage; community property is valued at less than $25000, not including automobiles; neither party has separate assets, excluding automobiles, in excess of $25000 and both parties are willing to sign a joint petition.
Either divorce procedure takes a minimum of 6 months to be finalized.
COMMON DIVORCE QUESTIONS
- Divorce is the legal termination of a marriage. In some states, such as California, divorce is called dissolution. The following are questions we are often asked. With the help of Nolo Press, the well known self-help legal publishing company, below are some answers.
- What exactly is a "no-fault" divorce? No-fault divorce describes any divorce where the spouse suing for divorce does not have to prove that the other spouse did something wrong, To get a no-fault divorce, one spouse must simply state a reason recognized by the state, In California, it's enough to declare that the couple cannot get along such as "incompatibility" or "Irreconcilable differences".
- Can a spouse successfully prevent a court from granting a divorce? One spouse cannot stop a no-fault divorce. Objecting to the other spouse's request for divorce is itself an irreconcilable difference that would justify the divorce.
- Do you have to live in a state to get a divorce there? Yes. All states require a spouse to be a resident of the state, often for at least six months, as is the case in California.
- How is property divided in a divorce? It is common for a divorcing couple to decide about dividing their property and debts themselves, rather than leave it to the judge. But if a couple cannot agree, they may submit their property dispute to the court, which will use state law to divide their property.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
TEAM Legal Document Services
AFFORDABLE LEGAL DOCUMENT PREPARATION
TEAM Legal Document Services is a registered Legal Document Assistant. We are not a law office. We offer self help legal document preparation services. We do not give legal advice. We offer computerized legal document preparation services for a wide variety of needs.
For over 20 years we have been dedicated to providing accurate document preparation services at a low cost with excellent customer service. We continue to assist our customers with WILLS, LIVING TRUSTS, INCORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, DIVORCES, CUSTODY ORDERS, NAME CHANGES. There are over 50 different areas of assistance that we can help you with at a fraction of the cost of an attorney.
Submit your questions and we will respond as quickly as we can. Your personal information will remain private.